Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emoticons in e mails ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwunder

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
GB
Can I do this. A mate sent me an e mail which had animated emoticons like the ones we use here at tek tips. I tried sending myself a test e mail with a few emoticons pasted in, but they just came back un processed.

I know I know, thick or what !

kwunder

Save the emoticons to a folder on your hard drive. In your email, click Insert/ Picture/ From file. hen navigate to your emoticon folder and select the one you want. It's as easy as that, kwunder.

What email app do you use kwunder? In order for you to successfully send an emoticon (or any animated pic), you need to set the formatting of the message to HTML. In Outlook 2000, for example, you would go to Tools->Options->Mail Format and change the default message format to HTML.

You don't have to have HTML enabled to receive and view HTML emails. You just have to when you want to "send" them!

[thumbsup2]
~cdogg

I want to add also to not forget to use HTML as format for your email. Gia Betiu
m.betiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5

mintaka,

OK. I can see how you mean. I was dumb enough to think by just typing [******] , it would produce the emoticon. THICK EH ???

cdogg, I use Outlook Express 6.

GiaBetiu..noted.

Thanks everyone

kwunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back