Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMMC vec config

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcshane

Technical User
Jun 25, 2004
IE
Hi again

Is it relatively easy to add in say 20 announcements telling the calling party that dials into a Meet Me conference call what number they when they join. For example, when you are the second party to join to dial in you hear an announcement saying “you are the second party to join the conference” when your the third you’ll hear “you are the third paty” etc etc etc……. all the way up to 20 people. I played around with a copy of the Meet me vector and couldn’t seem to get it to work.

To my knowledge meet me only allows "meet-me-idle" and "meet-me-full" routing. On our system we route to messages that tell you if you're the first to enter the conference or if the conference is already full. Also I think max meeting attendees is 6 anyway.

Regards

Craig

thanks Craig, you might be thinking of the normal 6 party meet me facilty thats standsard. This "expanded" meet me confernece allows up to 300 parties as far as i know, but I can't ever see 300 parties dialing into oneconference.
I was aware of teh meet me idle and meet me full routing but if you add that in why not 20, 30, 40 steps????

Yes you're right of course, I had misread the fact that it's the expanded conferencing you're using. If expanded conferencing still uses standard vector routing I would still say that you are limited to the Idle/Full commands as that's all there is (in my set up anyway). Perhaps someone else can give more info, I have no experience of expanded meet-me.

Best of luck

Craig

If you need to see how many callers are on the bridge "Status Meet-me-vdn (vdn #)" will tell you.

thanks for that command Mojo, very helpful for me, but what I'm trying to do is give the conference participants some visibility of how many people are on the call. Or even allowing the conference controller to have visibility of who's joined etc.

Have you tried using the goto vector X if counted-calls to vdn = Y command to sort the callers to the proper vector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back