Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eMG80 - Ver 1.1 System Call Routing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonah29

Programmer
Oct 4, 2015
GB
Hi all,
I have client who uses System Call Routing for the routing of DDI numbers depending upon time of day. They currently don’t use any Manual or Auto service modes. My question is....If they wanted to occasionally use Manual Night Mode would this take priority over the existing System Call Routing until they Manually put the system back in to Day Mode?
Regards
Mark

SCR overides all Day/Night and DDI translations.

So the answer is No.

Hi Thermus,
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
As an alternative could we disable the scenarios affected, use Day/Night DDI assign and then enable the SCR scenarios again when we want SCR to take back over?
Regards
Mark

You set all the current SCR entries for your DDIs to a scenario group. That group can be activated the same way Day/night/autoring are. namely DND-5-scenario number.
You should then be able to set day and night destinations and switch between all of them from the attendant phone.

I haven't tried that particular method but it should work.

Thanks Thermus,
That makes sense although they wanted to activate it remotely, which they can’t do from the Attendant phone. I was going to give them remote Admin access and get them to change the DDI assign routing. The difficulty here is they want to change it manually from a remote location.

Hi Jonah

I have forgotten what ver 1.1 is capable of, but you could give them user access to "System Data - Attendant ring mode" for day and night setting. Unfortunately Scenarios cannot be set here.

You could set up a remote phone and make it an attendant and they can choose scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back