Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emetrotel e1 trunk forward to local extensions 1

JM2009

Systems Engineer
Jul 26, 2019
HK
Dear Experts,

We would like to setup a E1 trunk between Emetrotel to Avaya CM.
Normally the incoming calls will go through Emetrotel and tie to CM, CM extensions will answer the calls.
But when CM OOS, is there anyway to let the incoming calls to route to Emetrotel extensions to receive the calls?
Or call forward the incoming calls manully from CM to to Emetrotel extensions?

BR// JM

In your outbound route that selects the trunk to the CM you should be able to add an optional destination on congestion. Make the destination a ring group that rings to extensions on the UCx that you want to pick up if the CM trunks go

@Alfordap thanks for your reply.
I would like to know if I can use a remote number (DID) to call in UCX and turn on/ off the call forwarding feature of extensions?
I checked the DISA feature and it is only good for use it to make outgoing calls as in office.

Not that I know of. This is also quite dangerous since it could open a window for a malicious forward to a toll number that could create a huge phone bill. I would stick to preprogrammed fail overs that act automatically.

@Alfordap,

Thanks for your suggestion.
May I ask is there any method (other than congestion) to route the incoming calls to an extension when failover?

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back