Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emergency login spliting of calls 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qey

Technical User
Mar 31, 2004
GB
Good day to you all. Yet again, I've humbly returned requesting your valuable assistance with a small matter!

I'm trying to fathom a way of splitting calls out, if the emergency login is "on" We recently have piloted home working using Nortel’s remote office from a RLC in our option 81.Everythings working hunky dory until we had a fire drill - standard procedures went ahead and the emergency code was logged into the phone - this sits at the top of our master script with:

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT xxxxxxx THEN
OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT vs_emergency
END VOICE SESSION
DISCONNECT
END IF

All well and good i hear you say, however I want to try and keep home workers outside of the main contact centre to still take calls in an emergency situation , thus keeping the queues down a bit. - The problem initially is they are setup up exactly the same as our cc guys (skill sets etc)

What I want to try and do is still inform customers of a problem and route calls to home workers

problems\ideas so far.

1. The disconnect - loosing it and using an else\if statement (obviously)
2. Moving the emergency login code off the master and on individually to the child scripts - home workers aren’t skilled to take every call
3. Removing the emergency on certain key scripts so "bulk" calls continue as normal to logged in home workers (however getting 300 CC agents to log out in an emergency is not the easiest)
4. Letting the customer know there’s a problem and increase in wait time.
5. If there is a real problem (The Option 81 is on fire god forbid) there’s not a lot I can do anyhow.

I'm playing with a few ideas but was wondering if anyone else has a similar setup and solution

Ever grateful

Q

I'm making a couple of assumptions since I didn't see a version or hardware type.

First, I think your #2 is the right step.

For those calls that have no hope of being answered by a home worker, #1 works.

Do your callers enter anything to help select routing? If not, then you should be able to queue to a skillset (or two-local and remote). If your in-house folks all leave and "age of call" reaches whatever length of time due to only remote folks being available you could then play the #4 solution to them.

We have a similar set up: One main office with three 9150s hanging off of it. Most of the calls to head oofice are answered in the head office only. Two numbers (Sales Technical) are also divided equally amongst the three 9150s and a team in head office.

We use a CDN lookup at the top of the master script which splits out the Sales Technical calls and bypasses the emergency check in the master script (we have a section heading above and below the emergency check). Calls are then dropped to the primary scripts (again without emergency checks) as usual.

This way we can evacuate either head office or one of the remote sites and calls can still be handled by the remainining unevacuated offices.

DD

Apologies rfwhite

Version: Symposium Call Center Server 04.01.07

option 2 is my prefered option, but i still have the problem of getting everyone to logout when we have an emergency i.e. calls still feeding through and punters left hanging.

DancingDave

Sounds like what I'm after! any chance of a sample of the script?

regards

Q

/* Note I have not included the usual date and time checks in this abridged version */

WHERE CDN EQUALS
VALUE 55550: EXECUTE avoid_emergency_check_section
VALUE 55551: EXECUTE avoid_emergency_check_section
END WHERE

/* Calls on CDNs other than 55550 and 55551 will be subject to the emergency check */

SECTION emergency_check_section

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT 944944 THEN
EXECUTE emergency_section
END IF

SECTION avoid_emergency_check_section

/* again the full list of scripts is not included; the default treatment has also been excluded */

WHERE CDN EQUALS
VALUE 55550: EXECUTE SCRIPT pensions_tech
VALUE 55551: EXECUTE SCRIPT life_tech
VALUE 55552: EXECUTE SCRIPT other_script
END WHERE

SECTION emergency_section

GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT vs_emergency
DISCONNECT

Nice one Dave - So if I've read that correctly its possible I could have a secondary script that only becomes "live" if the emergency codes entered and the correct values fall with in those parameters in the emergency check section?

Qey, sorry if I haven't explained it very well.

Basically, for the CDNs (and associated skillsets) that can be serviced by 'home workers' you avoid doing an emergency check using the flow in the posting above.

For those that cannot be handled by 'home workers', you would need an emergency check, which will kick in the emergency treatment.

There is no moving of calls dfrom one script to another if an emergency is triggered.

ps if the list of CDNs that needs to avoid the emergency check is really long, you could set up a CDN list and use that in place of individual CDN values

DD

In your situation I would do this... I am not fond of the log in an agent to activate emergencies. I use Global Variables. Basically add a line of code to your Queue command in each script 0 being normal 1 being emergency state.

You could add a Home Agent skillset to each home agent. During the time of the emergency all calls would be routed through the new skillset. You could still capture specific call data at the CDN or DNIS level for volumes and activity if you are doing that.

Just use and IF-THEN-ELSE on the queue command to look for a value equalling 1 in that Emergency Global variable and all the scripts will start routing calls to the home agents.
This also enables you to turn it on remotely if you have access to your web client while out of the office or at home.

You can then add little pieces to your scripts to check for this variable to play additional messages in the Master Script or the individuals scripts and you can also obviously record the messages from outside the facility as well.

The problem I had with using phones is that people walked around logging phones out during the emergency and would periodically log out the agent phoneholding the features up in the scripting.

I agree that there are definitely issues with using an emergency agent to trigger an emergency treatment. For example one of our head office building is zoned and an evacuation may only require a third of staff to leave, yet the emergency agent being logged in caused the emergency message to be played to all areas (the solution was to zone the building and have multiple logins)

The reason we have persisted is that the Business can initiate the change themselves as the support team aren't always readily available to change the value of a variable to trigger the emergency treatment (we don't let them have access to do this themselves).

Thanks a lot you guys! [2thumbsup] - out of this I've come up with a good solution that in initial testing works sweet. Hey when it goes live I may even bore you with the script! [glasses]

thanks again

Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back