Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emergency Location Extension can't find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshrike1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2006
US
Hello, I need to delete a station 3027, but when I try it says "object in use, please try later". When I "list usage extension 3027" I get Used By Station, Type 1 Station Extension, Key 1 3027 Type 2 Emrgncy Loc Ext, key 2 blank. I list all stations and went through every station looking for 3027 in the Emergency Location Extension field, but it was not anywhere? Where else would be this extension? How can I delete it? It's a station no longer used for EMC. Station 3027, Type CTI, port X.

can busy out. get a "no hardware assigned" error.

What's the full command for system par features?

Hardware platform? Definity/CM software version?

post output for the command you are using and the error that is returned.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

I'm not sure if you got the answer you were looking for or were able to figure out what is needed, but the emergency location extension, by default, is the phone itself. You add station 5100 and the emergency location ext is 5100. I get this error on phones I want to delete. If you 'list usage extens 5100' and all that shows up is the emergency location, pull the cross connect and then remove station. (Assuming it's a digital phone of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back