Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emergency Incident Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarHead2078

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2011
US
I have the need to some how tie about 5 phones together, preferably analog, so that if any of the phones pick up the receiver all other phones ring, and all phones can talk to each other like a party line.

I need to do this on an Option 81C.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

There is a feature called Group Call that you can implement on digital phones. I don't know of anything for analog phones.

KCFLHTK,

The user would like it to work like a HOT D. They want a red phone without and dial pad in like five different locations. It doesn't matter what location picks up the receiver, all other phones need to ring and all parties should be able to talk to each other. They have purchased the phones already and they are analog.

bhassell2000,

Not sure if doing a HOT D to a certain phone will work or not. I know that all phone will be able to listen to the call, but will their respective phones call out if they pick up the receiver. Each individual phone must be able to ring all other phones just by picking up the receiver, It doesn't matter which phone the call originates from, it can come from phone1, phone2, phone3, phone4, or phone5. The important thing is that all phones ring and that all phones are included in the call.

Thanks,

Not sure you have an option to do this with analog phones, unless they have 2 lines. Once you go off hook on one phone, there is no idle number to ring in the scenario you describe. A better alternative might be to put in a digital phone with at least 2 lines, make one a HOT D and the other the same extension on all phones, or some sort of group call set up. This would also allow them to use the phones as a regular phone, at least in emergancy situations, depending on how you set it up.

Try setting them up in a hunt group... have them hot dial to (using my example below) to DN 501 - use whatever block of DN's works best in your situation.

Phone 1 - DN 501, hunt/ring no answer to...
Phone 2 - DN 502, hunt/ring no answer to...
Phone 3 - DN 503, hunt/ring no answer to...
Phone 4 - DN 504, hunt/ring no answer to...
Phone 5 - DN 505, hunt/ring no answer to DN 501...
and around and around we go til someone answers.

You can shorten the cycle by changing a CFN/DFN in the CDB under RDR_DATA to less than 4 rings and changing the RCO on each phone to reflect that.

You cannot do any party-line type of functionality though.

I'd have to try this but in theory it should work.

All phones built as 500 sets.

All phones built with FTR HOT D 4 1234

4 presumes that you are using 4 digit dialing

1234 is your conf. bridge DN

On conf. bridge set up a meeting that never expires and needs no password.

Good Luck

ZAK

If you build a conference bridge how will that ring up the other 4 phones?

Thanks for all the ideas. I'm still re-searching and looking for a solution. All phones must ring when any single phone receiver is picked up.

Please keep the ideas coming.

Thanks all, I'm reading up on the Group Call feature and was wondering if I could use a Hot Line to initiate the Group Call. In other words it doesn't matter what phone picks up the receiver, it will initiate the Group Call. Is this possible?

Buddy,
No, I do not want the phone to auto answer. I just need to have analog sets work like a HOT D, but they are accessing the GROUP CALL feature without the need to dial a FLEXIBLE FEATURE CODE.

Thanks,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back