Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emergency-changed PDN on wrong TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
i meant to change PDN & key 1 on TN 8-0-13-11 but accidentally changed them on TN 8-0-3-11. There is nothing on this TN to help me identify who this actually belongs to. Is there anything I can do to get the programming back to the way it was? I think this is a partner's phone no less. I have the worst luck. thank you!

Options include - dial the new DN and see who answers. - look at the TN's either side as they may have been in logical order. - look at old printouts/dumps/MDF reocords if you have them. - disable the TN and wait for a fault call - trace the cable pair thu to the phone. SG

Since you already know that the answer to your issue is no, you can prevent further issues by taking the time to a run a TNB on the system, you can then download the TNB to an excel spreadsheet and then every once in while run a new TNB and replace the other one. You should always print out a phone before you change it.

NTI620. I hope that is the voice of experience and not sanctimony.

Dear NTI620, believe it or not, I actually DID print the phone. The TN I was supposed to change is 8-0-13-11 and I mistakenly changed 8-0-3-11. So even though I printed it (as I always do, for every single little thing I do), this doesn't prevent simple human error.

Dear NZTech, I tried almost all your suggestions, but what is a fault call? meaning someone calling to say their phone doesn't work?

I suggest that you print out the existing phone that you inadvertently changed, to see if there are any other features/lines assigned that might indicate where the phone is located, if there are none, and calling it doesn't get someone to answer, then you should disable the TN in LD 32 and wait for the trouble report that a particular phone isn't working. When you get the report you will need to go to that phone and see how it is tagged or ask the user what their phone number is.

no other features on that phone. I think i actually got lucky and messed up an unequipped TN. It doesn't seem possible to identify an M2317 anyway so by doing an IDU that doesn't tell me anything, right?

If you do an IDU and the system returns NPR 503, then the system doesn't see the phone, which indicates that the phone isn't plugged in or there is something wrong with the phone or wiring, usually flipped pairs. Sounds like you got lucky, I think you should out the TN that you inadvertently changed, if you haven't already, just to be sure that it doesn't ultimately cause an issue with the correct TN

whenever I IDU an M2317 I ALWAYS get NPR 501 which says "cannot print telephone ID because TN is unequipped." this ALWAYS happens. is there any way to IDU an M2317? I've asked this before but don't think I got an answer. This happens in all my switches, by the way. I have 14 sites. Thank you.

The only phones that you can use the IDU command are: M2006, M2008, M2616, M2016S, M2216ACD-1, M2216ACD-2, and the M3900 Series phones. All of these phones are deisgnated as Meridian Modular Phones. The M2317 is not a member of this family of phones even though it carries the M desgnation. The M2317 can perform a self test procedure just plug in the transformer, it doesn't have to be connected to the PBX.

I have fourteen remote sites and sometimes want to see if a jack has an M2317 in it. So how is asking onsite person to plug in transformer going to tell me whether the jack is punched down and equipped with an M2317? That's my main goal, to be able to "see" if there is a 2317 phone in a jack at a remote location. thanks NTI620

I was just answering the question concerning the IDU command. There isn't any way to determine if a M2317 is plugged in or not.

okay, that's what I was trying to find out. No way to IDU an M2317. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back