Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emergency - Cannot see Administrator in browser after installation 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTekMedia

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
US
I had problems several months ago loading CF5 on a couple of Win2k Server machines. After installation (or sometimes after attempting to harden the box) I couldn't see the Administrator screen. .cfm file types didn't point to anything and I was stuck. I couldn't figure it out and just kept uninstalling and installing until it "took".

I was eventually successful with both boxes. Today I tried to upgrade one box from CF5 to MX. Now I have the same problem. I try to open the Administrator and I get the typical Microsoft error page with "server not found".

I did find one item in the Macromedia tech notes about setting the Administration Web Site, Application Protect property to "low" but that hasn't helped. I really can't afford the $400 required to talk to Macromedia on the phone. I'm seriously considering switching to .asp. lol

Thanks in advance. Peace
BT

Good idea, but I have already deleted MX and CF5 and tried to reinstall CF5. Same problem. The CF services are shown as running. But the browser acts like they are not there.

I'm a bloody idiot and didn't back up windows. Bloody aggravating that an upgrade would hose the system.

Any other suggestions? Hasn't every one else had this problem? lol Peace
BT

Strange...

I posted the above message but it says it was posted by: webmigit

Does Tek-Tips have Security problems.. say it isn't so!
David McIntosh

Let me know if this post helped you...
Please click below: "This Post was Helpful"

Up to version 5.0, Cold Fusion Admin almost never opened properly for me after initial install. One of the following always worked, tho. I'm not sure if the URL changed in MX, but you get the idea:

Usually, machinename is the one that worked, and I'd always change the start menu properties to reflect that.

John Hoarty
jhoarty@quickestore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back