Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emergency Call Local Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgoddard

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
Hi i have a 3300 ICP Cx Controller V8.0. I have setup my system to notify a few people with this notification when 911/9911 calls are made. I have set them in the COS with the audio/visual notifications set to on and put them in a Emergency Type Hunt Group with the hunt group using the same COS as the sets. But the past 3 times i have tested this the calls show in smdr reports but do not alarm the phones. What can i do to get this fixed. Does it have anything to do with the sets having a mulitcall keys and such. Thanks.

You probably have an emergency call notification that was generated on the system before you created the notification groups. This being the case, the first notification has no where to deliver to and none of the others will deliver until the first one does.

The likely solution is to reset your system to clear the notification queue.

TIP: Always create a Notification Hunt group on all of your systems regardless of whether it has members or not. If you then require the functionality down the road. When you add a member the queued calls will be delivered.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Can i clear the queue without having to reset the system. Resetting my system has a large impact on our businees during working hours.

If there is a way, I don't know it.

Schedule a reboot after hours

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Use an external third-party solution such as the Xtend Alert system from AmCom. A tad pricey but lots more features & automated scheduled PS-ALI uploads to the Entrado database. Entire system runs on an off-the-shelf (full tower) PC and a standard load of XP Pro. By "full tower" here I mean tall - There's a 14" long AiLogix card that has to plug into a PCI slot.

Procter & Associates at one time had a similar system, may still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back