Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emergency Access Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2002
US
Can someone explain to me the emergency access redirection feature on the sys paramaters feat list? How does this work?

Not 100% sure, but I think this lets you redirect to the receptionist any 911 call someone might make from an extension.

Bhodgins is correct what this feature does is redirect 911 or any other numbers dialed that you specaify to another number you specaify i.e. the security desk.

There is another feature that I feel is more useful. I am not infront of a switch right now so I dont have the spacifics but bassically what it does is when anyone in the building calls 911 or any other emergency numbers you spceify a light will flash on the extensions you specify and they will also get an audible warning. when the hit the soft ket that is flashing the display will show the ext that dialed 911. You can also set this feature up to call out to up to 3 pagers.

If you are interested in this let me know and I will try to find the specifice on setting this up. José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Jolagues,

I'm definately interested in learning how to setup this alert notification as well as how to send it to the 3 pagers at the same time. Can you send me the information on how?

dakota6352@yahoo.com

First Set up Crisis alert as below. The extension 82223 is unassigned. Type change system crisis

CRISIS ALERT SYSTEM PARAMETERS

ALERT STATION
Every User Responds? y

ALERT PAGER
Alert Pager? y
Originating Extension: 82223
Crisis Alert Code: 911
Retries: 3
Retry Interval(sec): 30
Main Number: 911

Pager Number Pin Number
1: 2016198458 1:
2: 2016198511 2:
3: 2016198582 3:

DTMF Duration - Tone (msec): 100 Pause (msec): 100
Now in ars set 911 call as alrt.
ARS DIGIT ANALYSIS TABLE

Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
911 3 3 7 alrt n

there you go works well
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

1a22ip is correct that is how I would set it up

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

I want this:

what it does is when anyone in the building calls 911 or any other emergency numbers you spceify a light will flash on the extensions you specify and they will also get an audible warning. when the hit the soft ket that is flashing the display will show the ext that dialed 911.

I don't want to call a pager...

Sure there is a button called crss-alert. put it on all the sets of the people you want to run.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Once you trigger the crisis alert you must press the button to clear it. I test this by changing 411 to alrt so I dont bother the Cops.

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back