Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emergency 911 thru CO Trunk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumber123

Technical User
Nov 16, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to dedicate a co trunk for 911 / 9911 traffic for an EPN..?

to prevent is better than have it to cure ..

go into the ars and assign a specific route pattern to 911. In the route pattern you can specify what trunk group this call can go over.

Add at least 1 or 2 CO lines to each EPN. Add all of the lines to 1 trunk group (5 epn's = 1 trunk group w/ 10 members). Make your 911 route pattern point to this trunk group. Whenever a call is placed from a phone over a trunk group containing members in multiple port networks, the call will be directed to a member within the phone's own port network as a 1st choice. There is no extra programming you need to do to make this happen, it's just the way intra-PN trunks are selected by the definity.

-CL

Thanks to all... You put me on the right track and it works fine... FYI- What I neglected to include was that I was partitioned... This forced me to use the Time-of-day indexing.. Thanks a lot.

plumber123

to prevent is better than have it to cure ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back