Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMC - Solaris - issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarath420

Technical User
Jul 6, 2010
DE
hi gurus,

iam totally newbee to EMC, i have a cople of questions

i hvae a solaris machine with 192.168 network aand an EMC storage AX 4-5 with a 10.10. network. This EMC is configured through the GUI for the initialisation part that is for assigning the IP address to both controllers, assigning host and a default user to log into the GUI.

i have installed Naviseccli on my solaris machine to create storage groups and stuff .

what is the process for proceeding further

when i do a naviseccli -h 10.10.10.224 storagegroup -create -gname oradata

iam shooted with an error message "Broken Pipe"

iam not sure exactly is this the correct method as may be iam skipping in some steps prior to creation of the storage group.

Please let me know where am i going wrong

How is the host connecting to the AX?

You'll need network connectivity between the AX and the host so that NaviAgent can talk to the array and so that the array can talk to NaviAgent.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

Thanks for your reply.

I connected the storage to the system with a switch.

I have changed the network for all to be into a same network

ie 192.168.5 , 6 and 7 respectively, (6 and 7 for the SPA and SPB)

now i am able to create the raid groups and storage groups and present hem to the system.

I have a new set of error message when am trying to create a raid group for hotspare

#naviseccli -h 192.168.13.6 createrg 5 0_0_11

Error: createrg command failed
For this storage system, the -raidtype switch must be specified

But iam trying to dedicate the disk 11 to hotspare....

do i need to change anything ...

please let me know

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back