Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMC Gatekeeper Disk Errors on Solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2001
GB
We currently have a Sun Server that uses disks in an EMC disk array. Through format we can see the EMC gatekeeper disk but unfortunately this disk cannot be labelled so everytime we do a format we get corrupt label error messages.

Our sun server is just a client of the array and is not using any EMC software ( just Veritas VM for multipathing).

My questions are do we really need to see the EMC Gatekeeper disk? ( If we don't I'll take the target/lun entry out of sd.conf ). If we do need to see this disk can a label be put on it from the EMC console ( I don't have any knowledge of the EMC array and console ).

Any help appreciated.

Hi,

You only need the gatekeeper if you are issueing commands from the symcli. For example timefinder operations. As it allows you slots in cache for these commands. If you are not issueing commands via the symcli it sounds like you do not need it. You could remove acces to it via Volume Logix. I hope this is of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back