Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMC Clariion FC4700 Storage Processor Disk Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

pquadrat

Technical User
Nov 16, 2007
DE
Hello,

I just got an EMC FC-4700-2 System with one DAE and 20 73GB Disks. There is a good thread on this forum about initializing it : thread511-1349335
My system has exactly the same Bios revision and boot-up diagnostics, but can not find an operation system to boot. IDE disks are empty.

User "POPKORN" had the same problem that I have now: The Disks (10GB 2.5" IDE) in the storage processors are erased.

Does anyone has an image of these disks? The SPs are with 2ea Agilent HHBA-5221A 2GB Fibre Channel cards. System is to old to ask EMC about it, as they only sell complete SPs.

Thanks
Peter

Now I was able to get another 10GB disk for the storage processor, with working base software on it. I put an image of it to the IDE disk of the second storage processor, and now it seems to work. I am able to make RAID Groups, and assign LUNs etc.

Some questions now:
The Base software is Ver. 8.49.52, which should be Access Logix enabled. But I get an error that Access Logix is not enabled. Is this the latest base software for the FC4700? And is there a place to download updates, without paying 70k to EMC?

-Peter

I think that Uni-sys still provides support for those older units. They may be able to help you out.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

I figured out how to enable access logix on this unit: You have to select a checkbox in the properties tab of the storage system, storage access, enable storage access.

But next problem: I do not have NaviCLI or Navisphere Agent software, and it seems no longer be domloadable from EMC. I have to deregister some hosts. Registering is in the Navispere Manager, but deregistering is only possible with CLI.

-Peter

You can contact me at:
itsme24 at gmx de

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back