Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embeded voicemail SMTP log

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdennis76

ISP
Dec 10, 2012
US
Is there an SMTP log for embeded mail? I have a customers Vmail to Email quit working after they made some server changes and I need a way to show them what response we are getting from their exchange server.

Monitor -
Services tab - check box for SMTP
Call tab - check box for Embedded Voicemail - Email

I've tried watching it in monitor and all I see is:

********** SysMonitor v11.0.4.0.0 build 74 [connected to 10.156.XXX.XXX (XXXXXXXX)] **********
89627919mS LVM(email): VM Email request added to queue - size = 7

It doesn't give me the detail I'm used to seeing in a vmpro SMTP log. Maybe there are some other trace options that I need to turn on.

Emails are stuck in queue - reboot the IPO to clear the queue, then leave a voicemail that will generate an email and you will see the first attempt and why it is failing

it is probably the logs on the exchange server THEY need to be checking. it is probably ssl//tls or firewall related, dont you just hate it when IT make changes willy nilly without asking about possible side affects first, usualy with limited knowledge. a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back