Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedding Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbgaijin

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
JP
I have been trying to embed a quicktime .mov file.
I can see the video when I look at the page online, but friends who have tried mostly meet with failure. In one case the problem seemed to be that they didn't have the correct "association" to .mov files. After correcting this they could see the movie.
I also tried putting the video in a Flash movie but the quality dropped too much. Maybe I can adjust the quality in the Flash movie??
The address to the page where you can try to see the Video is

The code I used on this page is:
Code:
<link href=&quot;../gaijineyes.css&quot; rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot;>  <div align=&quot;center&quot; class=&quot;body&quot;>If it works you will see a time-lapse video I made a few 
  days ago. </div>
<div align=&quot;center&quot;><br>
</div>
<center><EMBED SRC=&quot;cherry1.mov&quot; WIDTH=320 HEIGHT=256 AUTOPLAY=true CONTROLLER=false LOOP=true></EMBED></center>
<div align=&quot;center&quot;><br>
  <object classid=&quot;clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000&quot; codebase=&quot;[URL unfurl="true"]http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0&quot;[/URL] width=&quot;100&quot; height=&quot;22&quot;>
    <param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;backtomain.swf&quot;>
    <param name=&quot;quality&quot; value=&quot;high&quot;>
    <param name=&quot;base&quot; value=&quot;.&quot;>
    <embed src=&quot;backtomain.swf&quot; base=&quot;.&quot;  quality=&quot;high&quot; pluginspage=&quot;[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&quot;[/URL] type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; width=&quot;100&quot; height=&quot;22&quot; ></embed> 
  </object>
</div>
Any advice or references to other threads will be welcomed.

I couldnt get the movie displayed too because i don't have the plugin. I suggest u can put up a link to download Quicktime plugin for visitors.
Try to use flash or windows media file since it's more common..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back