Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedding Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDYM

Programmer
Jul 6, 2000
GB
I want to be able to view an external object on my form. For example, a WORD or WordPerfect document or Excel sheet

Any suggestions would be more than appreciated.

do you mean a hyper link to an external doc?
or do you mean a bound ole with a doc embedded

Hope this helps
Hymn

Not hyperlinking.
I actually want to be able to view the object from within my form as a viewer so that I can cut and paste into my form.

Sounds like you want to use a Bound or Unbound OLE object. (And there are probably other options available out there, but this ships with Access 97, which is where most of my experience comes from.) Depending on the properties settings, you can cut & paste or drag & drop to/from the form. Objects can often be activated within Access or outside of it -- depending on the OLE Verb you use (Open and Edit are two verbs that every or most OLE objects have; see help for the OLE objects, and pay attention to verb-related properties and methods). This is the quick answer to get you looking at the right place for the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back