Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedding IE in a Perl/Tk Widget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenRussell

Programmer
Mar 12, 2001
US
Is it possible to embed an Internet Explorer window inside of a Perl/Tk widget? Basically, I am writing a program that I want to display a small advertisement window at the bottom, but I want it to be displayed using IE and point to a specific URL.

If that is not possible, it it possible to embed Flash inside of a widget? I know I can do GIF and JPEG, but wasn't sure about Flash.

- Ben

Just for fun...
What is Tk widget for Perl?

I googled it, but did not find what its used for.

Perl/Tk is a cross-platform GUI application/interface for Perl...

- Ben

same as tcl/tk, python/tk, etc..

TK is a Toolkit extention that allows you to create windows and controls for scripted languages...

*You can usually tell if a program is using TK by the red TK in the top left corner of the window...

for more info, see:

Have Fun, Be Young... Code BASIC
-Josh

cubee101.gif

PROGRAMMER: (n) Red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate objects.

But really, back to the original question, is it possible to embed IE in a Tk widget?

- Ben

heres a start?
use Win32::OLE;
my $IE = Win32::OLE->new('InternetExplorer.Application');
$IE->{'Visible'} = 1;# if you want to see what's going on
$IE->Navigate("about:blank");# in other words go to any site...

u must capture $IE somehow from here and place it in the widget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back