Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Voicemail dial by name (Sean versus Shawn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adc110

Vendor
Jul 26, 2007
US
I have a customer that is really trying to find a way of working around an employee that has the name "Sean" as opposed to "Shawn" which causes and issue with dial by name. I was thinking of creating a phantom user with the incorrect spelling and recording a name and putting a permanent forward on that extension to his actual extension. Does anyone have any other (or maybe better?) ideas of how to circumvent this issue for them?

The phantom user with incorrect spelling, name recorded, and forwarded to the right user is actually a good idea. I would go with that honestly.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Sounds good Critchey. Thankfully it is only one user!

... but don't forget Shaun.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

But Sean is the normal spelling for the name, why should it cause a problem (unless callers cant spell)?

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Surely the normal spelling is Seán but Avaya with their English keyboard input can't cope. I know because my surname isn't my real surname, but my colleagues wouldn't be able to cope with saying my real name (it sounds exactly the same but they go into mental breakdown as the sight of accented characters).

Link

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back