Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Voicemail cut offs when voicemail is being forwarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gouletcomm

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2013
US
I have an IP Office 9.1 with Embedded Voicemail. I am having a ton of cut off voicemail's when the voicemail is being forwarded to another extension. I have formatted the SD card. That did not work. I did a dongle Swap (new sd card) that did not work. We have done several upgrades. nothing seems to work. Ideas

Equipment?
version ?
type of lines ?
forwarding voicemails was broken on several versions.

I've had the similar issue with 8.1, where users were deleting voicemails right after they hit the send key. We suggested them to not delete the message right after they send to another extension and since then it seems to be working ok.

This has been an ongoing issue that they keep saying is resolved, but is not. I have resolved the issue by always setting up vm to email for my clients. Then they have it as a wav file and can just email it on to whomever.

I have also had a client with R9.0 that if they recorded a header before sending the voicemail on it no longer cut it off. It only cut them off when forwarding without a header. You may want to give that a try if vm to email is not an option.

Telecomboy, I just literally laughed out loud at your last post. I am having this same problem with the forwarded voicemails, and this customer does use vm to email. The problem is that vm to email also tends to fail after working for about 2 days. Ugh! Can't win.

I believe there is a patch out that prevents the delete option being selected until it's had chance to do the transfer of the file :)

GMail with TLS and an app password is very reliable (unless their internet is not reliable).

we were told that if you wait seconds before deleting the message or hanging up it will send complete. There is a patch that does this for you. It is a known issue.
Mike

There is a critical patch for 9.1.7 that removes the delete option for about 10 seconds after forwarding a voice mail. You can request it from Avaya support.

-----------------------------------
4771494_orig.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

either forward the message from the old messages or record a header as previously mentioned. it only seems to happen when you forward straight from listening to it the first time with no header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back