Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Voicemail : Bilingual directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyoung85

Technical User
Feb 13, 2016
CA
My client is using Embedded voicemail in Intuity mode on IP Office 500 v2 9.1.6.

Locale is set to canadian french. Incoming call route is sent to an Auto Attendant in french with the option to press 9 and be sent to an Auto Attendant in english. In these auto attendants I have set the # key to access the company directory. When callers press 9 for english and then press the # key, they access the company directory wich is in french (of course the IPO doesn't know the caller selected english at this point). How do I get this directory in english ? I have tried downloading more than language in the voicemail section, but how do I tell the IP Office to go to an english directory from this specific auto attendant ?

Thanks!

You would need to transfer to a shortcode that sets the locale and sends it back to AA.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thanks! It's actually very simple, just never realized that option was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back