Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded voice mail and general mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgonzalez77

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2008
US
I have a client that has an ip Office 500 on 5.0, they are using the embedded voice mail. I now understand why people here hate it.

My questionis with the "General mailbox". They have a huntgroup (200), that rings at the receptionist. If she's not there to answer, the call goes to the general mailbox. In order to retrieve their messages, they have to go into the voicemail system (dialing *99) then select x200 and log in.

Turnover at that site has been crazy recently so now the owner is there running things. He thinks that's too complicated to check messages.

So my question is (2 questions really), is there a way to have messages go directly to the receptionist voicemail rather than the general mailbox, OR is there a way I can program a button to rerieve messages from the general mailbox, including passing through the password?

Thanks in advance!!

Visual voice button on his phone and add him to hunt group but log him out if doesn't want his phone to ring than add source number to his user (ex....HMain) Main would be name of group.

Ok, the phone already has visual voice, but it goes to HIS personal voicemail (he's at x205). I checked the source numbers for x205 and here's what's in there:
V205
HMain

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Press Visual Voicemail, use the down arrow and you will see HMain as an option, choose it and you can listen to the message. Same as voicemail pro.

Thank you all! The visual voice method worked great. And yes, he was already a member of that group.

The biggest problem was that this is a satellite office of one of my clients, so I am not there hands-on. And trying to explain something like this to people that really don't care to learn is not always easy. That's why I was trying to find the easiest way for them to access it.

Thanks again! love this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back