Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM - Remote Acess

Status
Not open for further replies.

robrichtx

MIS
May 20, 2012
US
Hi Folks -

I generally don't use Embedded voicemail, and am stumped on this one. What does the user dial from the Auto Attendant to gain access to their voicemail box and check their voicemail remotely? I tried *17 and did not get anything in response.

Thanks!

Rob

YOu need to set an option off the AA to transfer to *17 if you want them to be able to check msgs off it.

create a short code, feature = voicemail collect, telephone number = ? (creating the SC will put quotes around the ?)

Assign this SC to any key on the AA.

If the user dials into the AA, hit the key, they'll be asked to enter their extensions and VM passcode.

Caveat, this requires that VM boxes have a passcode set.

GB

Thanks Guys - much appreciated. I was used to users accessing it from their own mailbox. Much appreciated!!!

You can just point a spare DDI/DID staright to voicemail, it's an option in the destinations drop down :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back