Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM Out Calling Toll Frad restriction 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coral Terrace

Technical User
Feb 12, 2018
US
I would like to avoid any toll fraud issues with embedded outcalling. Is there a way to restrict or disable the outcalling feature on IP version 7.0? Thank you

Use the "System | Voicemail | Outcalling Control" option.

Can never remember which way round it works but you'll know when its set right as you won't be able to access the outcalling options through the mailbox controls.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks. There is not an Outcalling" option under "System | Voicemail | Outcalling Control

Once upon a time the IP Office Manager help was great for telling you when a particular control was added - then some idiots decided we didn't need useful support information like that!!!!!

rant over. Sorry Coral, looks like that control was added in Release 9.1 from my quick browse of different versions of the Manager docs.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thank you. So if I update the Manager to that version it will allow me to add the restriction?

It depend on how outcalling is setup for users.

To be sure VM cannot dial out at any time do this:

Give the line used for outcalling another ID as the default 0, use 10 as an example.
Delete any system shortcode used for outcalling like the default shortcode ?/./Dial/0
Create a user rights table with a shortcode for outcalling like ?/./Dial/ARS:50 and bind all users to this table.

Now only users can dial out and not any system app like VM or TAPI Pro connections.

Great thank you. I understand and I will program that and give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back