Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM not sending with AT&T DSL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPcs

Technical User
May 16, 2009
US
Having issues sending voicemail to email on any AT&T DSL connections.
If I replace the Internet with a Cell Hot Spot emails go out, but with the AT&T in place it just ques the emails.

Any ideas?? I have this at 2 different locations and the only common is AT&T.

You have one of 2 options to resole this issue. when setting up the SMTP you will either have to use an AT&T SMTP address, or you will have to see if the mail server will accept a different port. AT&T blocks all SMTP servers that use port 25 except their own.

Many mail servers will allow you to also use port 587. Try changing the SMTP port in manager to this and see if it works. If not, you will have to contact the company that hosts the mail server, and see which alternate ports are allowed.

Thanks, I tried changing over to port 587 and GoDaddy said that is a good port to use but the emails still are not going out.
I have been looking for a program that will let me know what ports are open, any ideas on that?

Thanks

just set up a local SMTP server.

also, there is this solution (credit to Bas)

Register:
Enter the following in the Manager > System > SMTP;

IP: 213.165.64.45
port: 587
email from address: you@gmx.com/us
server requires auth: ticked
user name; you@gmx.com/us
password; your password
use challenge response auth: unticked

Then on the User > Voicemail > Voicemail email
enter the "to" mail address.

Also if you goto System > Systems events > Alarms
Mail will be sent if you have any alarms on the software/lines....ect.

ACSS - SME

That worked perfect. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back