Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM card keeps rebooting system

Status
Not open for further replies.

melben

Programmer
Feb 15, 2005
US
Trying to install IP406v2 with embedded voicemail from 3.1 installation docs. Copied the prompts over to the PCMCIA card and file transfer shows complete. Turned off unit- pushed the VM card in- documentation says it can take 10 minutes to update prompts. Let is run for over a hour. The system keeps rebooting itself hundreds of times. If I turn the unit off and pop the vm card out and then turn it on I can see the system fine. I have tried replacing the card and get the same thing. I tried upgrading to 3.2 and the process for FTPing the prompts is different and has a zip file which I cannot get to work. When I pick up the phone and dial *17 I get a busy signal. I have added *17 in the short codes on the users phone etc. Any help would be appreciated.

haven't come across it but sounds like the file you are transferring has errors on it. You have already tried a different card so I would try a new untouched card, don't update prompts, see does it crash the system. At least then you can eliminate a possible cause.

buy a duvoice DV4 it integrated to the ipoffice, and you only need CTI pro installed on ipoffice and one analog port per vm port.

it installs fast.

there are a couple of cards that are bad
there should be a folder on the card that is called VMail
if not your card is bad
but even when you see that folder the card can be bad
don't format the card because it is formatted in a special way
so try antoher card and see what happens

read this and you should be alright

ps the 406 needs the 711 files and a small office needs the 729 files

Upgrading Prompts
For IP Office 3.0 and higher, embedded voicemail memory cards are supplied with the necessary prompt files pre-installed. Previous releases required that the prompts be initially transferred using TFTP from a PC running IP Office Manager.

Therefore the processes below should only be required when upgrading an existing pre-3.0 memory card or when the documentation for future releases indicates that the range of available embedded voicemail prompts has changed.

Prompt Source and Destination Location
All the prompts for embedded voicemail can be found in the LVMSound folder on the IP Office Administrator Applications CD. There are two sets, one for compressed memory cards in the G723 Files folder, and one for uncompressed memory cards in the G711 Files folder. Each set contains a folder for each supported language.

IP Office Small Office Edition - Compressed Prompts
The sub-folders in LVMSound/G723 Files should be copied to LVMAIL on the compressed memory card.

IP Office 406 V2 - Uncompressed Prompts
The sub-folders in LVMSound/G711 Files should be copied to LVMAIL on the uncompressed memory card.

IMPORTANT: The prompts are supplied in a compressed zip file. Unzip the zip file before proceeding.

The following section covers copying the prompt folders to the required location. Following the copying the IP Office system should be restarted. During the restart the new prompt files are scanned and processed by the IP Office system. This can take up to 10 minutes before embedded voicemail restarts with the new prompts. This scanning process is much shorter on subsequent system restarts.

Upgrading Prompts Using TFTP File Transfer
This method uses IP Office Manager as a TFTP server to pass files from the CD drive to the memory card. It requires the IP Office to have already been upgraded to IP Office 3.0 and to be restarted.

Unzip the prompt files provided with Manager (see above).

Start IP Office Manager and receive the IP Office configuration.

Display the System configuration form.

Click the System tab

In the TFTP Server IP Address box, type the LAN1 IP address of the IP Office.

In the File Writer IP Address box, type the IP address of the PC that is running IP Office Manager.

Click to send this configuration back to the control unit and allow it to reboot.

Open a Command prompt window.

Type the CD drive letter and press Enter, for example enter D:.

Type cd LVMSOUND and press Enter.

The next step depends on the IP Office control unit type:

For an IP406 V2 control unit:

Type cd G711 Files and press Enter.

Type send711.bat followed by the IP Office's LAN1 IP address, for example send711.bat 192.168.42.1.

The batch file will start transferring all the necessary folders and prompt files.

For a Small Office Edition control unit:

Type cd G723 Files and press Enter.

Type send723.bat followed by the IP Office's LAN1 IP address, for example send723.bat 192.168.42.1.

The batch file will start transferring all the necessary folders and prompt files.

The whole process of transferring the prompt files can take up to 30 minutes.

When all the files have been transferred, close the Command prompt window.

Restart the IP Office control unit by removing and then reapplying power.

When the IP Office has restarted, wait approximately 10 minutes while it scans the new prompts that are available.

The IP Office Monitor application can be used to show this activity. See Monitoring Embedded Voicemail.

Test embedded voicemail operation by dialing *17 at an extension.

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Everybody has started pasting now rather than putting in links.

Remember, i started it.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

yes you did PlatinumGuy. If we all read manuals we wouldn't need to use this site!

Ha.

Im only saying this because some people had a cheeky pop at me for pasting the docs in rather than putting a link to the knowledge base.

Who cares if its pasted in, as long you get the info.

depends on my mood :)
i have a text file on my desktop for upgrading embedded voicemail
it is hard to find and now i have it when i need it

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Ahhhhhh: PG it was not a dig, any way check out you being our top MVP.

ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

Im not sure how that happened.

There must be some kind of problem with it.

Does anybody know how to fix that?

It looks like there is anew kid on the block aswell.

The provider is providing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back