Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM: can't record AA greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjt20one

Technical User
Oct 31, 2008
US
Installing a new IPO 500 with embedded VM.

I set up the first AA and recorded the greetings using *8101 and *8401. After recording I made sure to save the message and then listened to it again and all was well and good.

Now, after a few immediate restarts the system is not recognizing those recordings and I can't record any new greetings. I press *8101, then press 2 to start recording, 2 when finished and then press 1 to listen to the greeting and it always tells me the msg hasn't been recorded yet. I thought it may have been an issue with the set so I tried it from two other sets - same result. I tried recording on the 2nd AA using *8102 and *8402 and the same issue.

I went into embedded file management and the two original greetings are recorded are still in the system (for *8101 and *8401). I can set up all greetings for personal VM boxes just fine. Tried rebooting the system, nothing changed. Unplugged/plugged the system back in, nothing changed.

I'm at a loss right now, any ideas?

Is it an IP500v2 ?
Is it running 6.0.8 ?
If both yes then upgrade to 6.0.14
your SD card is in read only mode then so yo need to take care of that.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

And don't power down reboot too much or you will probably lose your config completely, until you upgrade that is :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back