Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Mail Plays Personal and System Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesaz

Vendor
Dec 18, 2006
US
I thought this went away but it is still a problem - when I record a personal greeting for a mailbox, it plays the personal greeting and then the Intuity greeting - the canned greeting with the name inserted. Is there a way to make that disappear? Thanks in advance.

Change it from intuity to ipo mode.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

record a genuine greeting.

I suspect your users have recorded their 'greeting' when the system prompted for a name the 1st time they accessed the mailbox.

Greeting & name are two separate entities & used in different places, if no greeting is recorded then the VM plays Name followed by the default greeting which I suspect is the problem you are having.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

But I like Intuity mode :( Especially for someone coming off an older Avaya system. And no, they didn't record greeting where name is. It plays both - first an entire personal greeting, and then, the canned greeting with their name inserted. It drives me crazy when I call them. The funny thing is that not one person besides me has noticed (or at least noticed enough to complain about it.) tlpeter - a) when do you sleep? and b) why does this only happen in Intuity mode?

This is a known bug. The only current options would be to switch to IP Office Mode or have your users record their greetings and include in their greeting "press 1 to leave me a message" and hope that the callers do press 1.
Otherwise they will hear the recorded name and system greeting too.

I sleep at night but I am in Europe so there is a time difference for most of the users .
Intuity mode is new so there will be bugs in it.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You can also remove the prompt file on the WAV files on the Voicemail Pro folder. If you look under FAQS I think an individual has went to the trouble of listing each file and the purpose replace the file with silence or a custom message.

Thanks,
Colin

The only problem with that is the occasional user who won't record a greeting then they don't have the default. I just went w/ non-Intuity and gave them new users guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back