Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded images do not print and print preview not available 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSeymour

MIS
Apr 25, 2002
GB
Hello all,

I have a fresh installation of XP (SP2) and Office 2003 (SP2) and have 2 linked issues with HTML emails.

1 - Print Preview doesn't work.
a - The Print Preview option is not available when an HTML email is open on screen (greyed out)
b - Selecting the email in question from the Outlook email list and selecting Print Preview from the menu generates an error of "print preview is not available for HTML formatted items"

2 - Embedded images do not print at all. If you print the email the embedded images appear only as empty boxes with a red X in the top left corner.

The Printer is a LaserJet 3700 Colour and the latest PCL6 drivers are installed. If the email is sent as Rich Text it prints correctly, and if the HTML formatted email is copy-pasted into Word and printed it comes out just fine.

I have tried changing the default editor to Word without improvement. This is the only PC in the office with this problem and worked correctly prior to being rebuilt (it was previously XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP2).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Rany thanks

Rob

I'm pretty sure point 1 is standard behaviour for Outlook 2003.

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little. - Joe Martin

Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244 before posting.

The previous XP and Office 2003 build on the same PC didn't have this problem

@HarleyQuinn - it is not standard behaviour for OL2K3.

@RSeymour - Is there a reason that you don't have SP3 installed for Office 2003?

Have you tried a detect & repair of Outlook 2003? (Help ->Detect & Repair)

Cheers.

Thanks for the response.

I have run detect and repair without improvement, and SP isn't installed because, well it just isn't yet! I will get onto this today.

If I am completely honest issue #1 is not really much of a concern, but issue #2 is a real problem.

Thanks

Try the registry fix suggested in this (near the bottom of the page). It involves deleting a registry key so back up your registry first.

Cheers.

Thanks cmeagan656, that has solved the printing problem!

For the record (and for anybody reading this in the future) the solution is to delete the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security. The key in question is "OutlookSecureTempFolder ".

Rob

You're welcome. I'm glad that it fixed your problem.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back