Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Dial by name problem, possible 7.0.23 glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sseo

Technical User
Sep 22, 2011
US
After recording users names, am able to go through the AA and choose dial by first name --> hear the users recording --> Press 1 to confirm the user, but it doesn't connect to that extension. It sits in dead silence.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or something similar? Possibly on 7.0.23?

7.0 has some issues with silence after prompts and stuff like that, so it's possibly a bug, what does SSA monitor show? :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Yes, I have one system with exact same problem. Pressing anything just takes you back to the top of the AA recording.

IP Office R7 Q3 2011 Maintenance Release Patch - 7.0(232702) covers this.

I also heard from our distributor that the patch (232702) cures the directory issue but may lead to issues if you are chaining Auto Attendants together like submenus. Allegedly (did I spell that right??) fixed one thing, broke another.

I have not had a chance to confirm this yet. May not be the case. Just a heads up.

Having the same problem. Installed the patch, and now it works sometimes but not every time... I am seeing 3 unique things happen on different occassions. 1.) it works as it should, 2.) kicks me back out to the main AA greeting, and 3.) name not found try again. Anyone else still had issues after applying the patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back