Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Derby db namedquery parse error with month

Status
Not open for further replies.

pointertowhat

Programmer
Jan 13, 2009
US
Hi,

I've got an embedded Derby DB and I use entity beans with namedqueries.

One of which is:

Code:
@NamedQuery(name = "Vehicles.findbymotmonth", query = "SELECT v FROM Vehicles v WHERE MONTH(v.lastmotdate) = :monthnumber")

If I use the IDE to send this command to the database it works fine. However when I try and run my application I get:

Code:
Exception [TOPLINK-8025] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0.1 (Build b09d-fcs (12/06/2007))): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.EJBQLException
Exception Description: Syntax error parsing the query [Vehicles.findbymotmonth: SELECT v FROM Vehicles v WHERE MONTH(v.lastmotdate) = :monthnumber], line 1, column 32: unexpected token [MONTH].
Internal Exception: line 1:32: unexpected token: MONTH
        at oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.EJBQLException.unexpectedToken(EJBQLException.java:389)

Any ideas?

MONTH is the datadase function that returns an int representing the month from a date field.
The db table in question is very simple, no FK's just a few varchar fields and a couple of Date fields.

I think the bug is in the Toplink library - I've spent ages looking for a solution and in the end gave up and switched to the Hibernate persistance lib and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back