Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded and Attached Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dddave

Technical User
Sep 10, 2001
US
I use both Outlook Express 5.5 and 6.0 (one on one PC and the other on a second PC). I recently got a .jpg image embedded in a message (on the PC that is running OE 6). When I inquired of my friend as to how he did it, he was suprised and didn't understand how the embedding took place as he had only attached it. (I received the image attached and imbedded). He sent the e-mail to himself two different times; the first time the .jpg came back to him as an attachment - and the second time it came as an attachment and as an embedded image. He has no idea as to how the embedding took place - and neither do I. Any ideas out there?
Thanks,
David

I have had this as well. Basically you can attach a .jpg or insert an image. Some mail services or recipients systems do not permit attachments so it is possible that the image just gets inserted!!
Bernie Robinson

>Some mail services or recipients systems do not permit attachments so it is possible that the image just gets inserted!!<

Bernst,
But to get embedded and attached must be the ultimate deal, no?
David

Check how you send the mail.
html = embedded
rtf = attached + embedded
plain text = attached

IMHO is plain text, if your &quot;partner&quot; has another OS he still is able to open the attachment. This is not alwaysthe case with html and rtf.

George

George,
My friend sent the attachment as html = embedded.
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back