Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embed Visio showing only in read mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheer8923

Programmer
Aug 7, 2006
US
I received a word document with embedded Visio diagram. The graph object only shows in Read mode. In other mode, it's shown as {EMBED Visio.Drawing 11}.

How can make it show?

Thanks!

Hmm, have you tried other view methods, such as Web? What view method is the document in currently? Is this a Word 2003 or 2007 application you're using, and which version of Word is the file saved in? In other words (on the last question), is the file extention .doc or doc[blue]x[/blue]?

Thanks for the follow-up.

I had no clue what Alt-F9 did (and I suppose haven't needed it), but found out what it did by following this discussion:

For anyone else reading this, who also didn't know, it apparently turns showing field codes on and off. Well, if it does more, it wasn't mentioned there, and that was good enough info for me at this point. When I tried it in a Word Doc, myself, it made no difference, probably b/c I just had text in the document. [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back