Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMB Greeting won't save 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesaz

Vendor
Dec 18, 2006
US
I am having difficulties with a mailbox - ext 201- when we try and change the greeting it reverts back to the old one. We listen, record, listen to make sure it is the correct (ie new) greeting and then choose submit but it isn't saving. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you save it with a 3 after you listened it?
I think not because you do not say you did.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I am sure you have done this more than me but make sure you wait until you hear the beep before pressing 3 to save.[dazed]

also are you on the correct user mailbox .
are you using *17 or the message button on the phone the user is logged in
or are you dialing a custom made short code to access mailbox

To Record or Change Your Greeting
1.Log in to your mailbox .
2.Press 3 to select the option to edit your greeting.
3.Press 2 to change your greeting.
4.When you are prompted speak your new greeting.
· The greeting must be longer than 3 seconds.
· A long (approximately 10 seconds) period of silence will disconnect you from voicemail.
5.Press 2 when you have finished recording your greeting.
6.Press 1 to listen to your new greeting. After you have listened to your greeting you can:
· Press 3 to save the new greeting. Your new greeting will be used.
· Press 2 to re-record the new greeting.
· Press 4 to save the new greeting for playing on a continuous loop. This option can be used to continually play the greeting, callers will not be able to leave a message.
Note that once this option is selected, the greeting cannot be changed back to a normal greeting except by recording a new greeting.

Thanks guys - we have done it both with visual voice and with the *17 and are saving properly. The only thing I haven't ruled out is that they are not using 201- long story - I am sending someone out with a laptop this afternoon. Thanks for the prompt responses.

The sequence is > 2 start recording > 2 stop recording > 3 save > 1 listen
If you don't save before listening then you will have the old message.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Not true.
You can listen before saving, doing it all the time.
If that dotted not work then it is a bug.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have seen this on some mid R7 releases, not seen it yet on the latest R7 or R8, I believe a reboot sorted it for me :)

Thank you - I agree with tpleter that you can listen before you save and I will try the reboot. Grrrh. It is a release 7 because I am using 5410's.

I have noticed in several occasions with embedded VM that listening before saving brings up the old message so I always save before listen.
Could be on a certain software level though, I can't remeber.
With VM pro then you can listen before save, that is always working.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

I misspoke. It is a R8 with the essential software. Now when I reboot it the hunt group disappears - perhaps a subject for a new thread.

Are you using Visual VM to change the greeting? If so try using *17. I have seen this with R8 and Visual VM.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Used both visual VM and *17; the only thing I didn't try was to save before listening. I ended up defaulting the system, reloading as R7.27, and reprogramming. I did the R7 because I didn't have time for Avaya to swap the R8 Essential license to a new SD card and I have found the last R7 to be better than the earlier R8's. Things are working now. Long day - thanks for everyone's help.

I came across this issue when trying to change the AA greeting. It finally worked when I didn't immediately press 1, when finished recording. My next step was going to be reloading the SD Card, but didn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back