Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emails yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeean

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
GB
After much scratching of head, I finally figured out how to send an email to confirm when a job has finished rather than the whole server (Schedule -> email notification etc etc). Clicking on send test email confirmed that I've got the correct email address and everything is working as it should be. However, when the scheduled job runs, no emails are sent at all.
Why oh why?

Thanks,

Iain

I have just some question on your configuration:
- What version of BEWS do you have installed (Patches?)?
- When you click on "test e-mail" it has sent you an e-mail, right?

rgrds,
TDM

Errm, I not too sure on my version of BEWS. How do you check? (Sorry, just been thrown into a job using Backup Exec, still not too sure whats going on)

And yes, the test email did send fine

Iain

as with most other programs, the simple way to check the version, is to goto the Help tab and select the "About VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows servers" and in there it should say the versions

Aha, just worked out what BEWS stands for! Now I've rubbed the sleep out of my eyes...

I am using version 8.5 on a windows NT server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back