Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emails Received but not distributed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAH

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2000
GB
A problem that occured over the last weekend our email server was picking up emails from our isp ( according to the logs) and receiving them but not distributing them to the recipients.

I know that the server is short of space and due to be transferred to a new server soon but some of the emails were important and I need to get my hands on them if possible?

Paul H

The routing has not changed everything was fine before and since it seems it only happens occasionaly.

IF you are on 5.5 then chech the SMTP queue, it should be in this queue. Restrat your SMTP server and make sure all services start. You maynot able to start your MTA and Info services if you don't have at least 10MB, then no mail will be distributed.

IF you have an firewall and Unix sendmail then it may stuck in his sendmail.

If you are on Exchange 2K. open the Exchange manager and under protocol, navigatet to the SMTP/queue to see if mail is stucked in there. Try to force connection if you can start the delivery.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back