Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emails only come in after one is sent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelandakh

MIS
Mar 12, 1999
GB
Using a 7230. Been working fine for some time.

Now user does not receive emails in the morning until she has sent one. Then they flood in. BES shows them pending but does not deliver.

Have checked GPRS signal and other obvious stuff. What next?

Have user send themselves a PIN message. If that starts the flow, problem is in handheld not communicating with radio network until it's awakened (like me in the morning). If it takes email through your server, I can't think of *what* would cause that.

Steve

FWIW... reset does not help, re-register with network does not help, power off or pull battery does not help. Deleting re-adding user to BES does not help.

Send a message from the device - and messages come flying in that have been queued up. Im not sure the bahavior is constant, rather it seems to 'go to sleep' periodically for lack of a better phrase. For a while (hour? 2?), everything works great - and then it stoipps again.

ATT Wireless has been no help whatever, and RIM will only refer us back to ATT.

We have a handful of other blackberries that do not behave this way. (Mostly 957s, and a couple others - most with other carriers). This device is a 7280 which replaced the 7210 - in a desperate attempt to fix it ($350 on top of $499). We also have a 6510 from Tmonile which seems to work dandy.

Unclear if this is the same issue, but I am trying to find a common thread here. I'm wondering if it is BES 2.1?? We are getting ready to upgrade to 3.6, but I have no confidence so far this will fix it.

"I am in charge of the distribution and installation of Blackberries at my organization. We are using the 7230 model of Blackberry. We are using the T-Mobile as our data carrier. We have probably about 50 of these on our network and of those about 5 of them are not receiving messages from about 6:30 PM and on. Then when these end users check their BBs in the morning there are still no new messages (even tho there are some in the queue that seem not to deliver) received by the unit.

The user seems to be able to kick the thing in by emailing himself from the BB and then a bunch of messages come in that were originally queued up and haven't been delivered. Mind you, these end users say that they don't live in areas that there is little or no reception. They have four out of five bars indicating great reception. Weird that every night from about 6:30 and on they don't receive messages at all and the reception is four out of five bars. I checked with T-Mobile and they don't know what the problem is and I check with RIM and they don't know.

We use Blackberry Enterprise Server and we are on Microsoft Exchange for our email. Have you experienced this and how did you fix the issue? Just strange that only about five of 50 users have this problem."

I have 8 7230's deployed at my job. If you're using T-Mobile, here's the fix.

Upgrade both the desktop and device. :-|

* You must be running at least v3.6.2.9 of the BB Desktop Manager.
* You must be running v3.7.1.41 of the BB Handheld software.

They're pretty hairy downloads; hope you have hi-speed internet before you download this one.

Link is at < After arguing with both Blackberry and T-Mobile, T-Mobile acknowledged a bug in which the device drops off the face of the network. This patch is supposed to fix it.

// davidr521

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back