Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emails marked as read before opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

BencoTIS

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2004
US
Hi

this issues has been going on for over a year now and we can't fix it. IBM was really no help and/or never got back to us. We have a notes user who's email keep showing up in her inbox like it has been viewed already. So instead of being "red" they show up "black" like they were already read... She is running ND6.5. but it happens on all notes platforms 4.6 R5 and ND6..

I did the following -
Checked her security settings
reloaded notes
gave her a new PC
setup up her ID from scratch

i noted the follow-
it's diffrent times throughout the day
random emails
sometimes it goes months between problems

any help would be a great help...

thanks Russ

Hello,

Is this Server configured as a Cluster?

Rgds,

John

Hi , no clustered servers.. But we do have two seprate notes servers. one for outside users and one for inside users. we tried setting her up on the second server (outsude users) and it fixed it for about 2 months and then it just started happening again. we also tried putting her mail template back to notes R5 and still had no luck.

thanks Russ

This is a bit odd but we had a similar issue quite a while ago (Notes 4.6 I think) and the problem turned out to be with the users local name and address book.

We found that in their location document, under the Mail tab the Mail file setting was Mail/AUser instead of Mail\AUser. Unbelievably everything else worked fine but we just couldn't control read and unread marks on the mail file.

Can't remember how we stumbled across this solution. It may not work for you but is probably worth checking :)

Thanks I'll give that a try this week....

it happened again today. anymore ideas

thanks Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back