Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emails hung up in Outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfrontiers

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
US
Help. I have two emails that remain in my outbox. I cannot delete or move them because Outlook 2002 is claiming that it is in the process of sending them. They have been in the outbox for 4 months. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Try dragging them to your drafts folder. Nine times out of ten that will work.

If it still gives you the sending error then you have to stop the mapi process (Can't remember the exact name of the file wheter it's mapi32.dll something else)

Close Outlook, open the task manager, look under processes (Windows 2000 and XP) and find the mapi process, then end task it.

You can also try starting outlook in safe mode and then seeing if you can delete it or move it.

To run outlook in safe mode, Click start, then click run and type in the following:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Outlook.exe." /safe

Click ok

Last but not least turn off the option to send emails immediately, close outlook, then open it and try to remove the emails.

Hope this helps,
Rad Piver

Something else you can try - Delete your Exchange profile and then recreate it. This worked for me this morning on a machine running Outlook 2003.

Sandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back