Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMails delivered to Deleted Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanmcconachie

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2002
GB
I've got a few users who have recently had emails being delivered to their Deleted Items Folder in thier mailbox. This has just been the odd one or two emails coming from various people, although within the same organisation.

My initial feeling was a message filter turned on but I've checked that and apart from one unrealted address being blocked due to junk mail I can't see anything wrong.

Anybody got any idea's what is causing this or what can be done to stop it?

Ta

do you see any patterns or consistencies at all, like usually the same user, or messages with attachments...? You checked the Rules Wizard, yes?

So far there has been no paterns at all. In fact one user who may have ended up in the deleted Items can send a message later in the day which goes into the inbox as expected.

Rules Wizard was clear except for the junk mail filter I mentioned which is for a completely unrelated address.

Geez, don't you love this kind of stuff? How about deleting/recreating the user's mail profile? Maybe there's some corruption....worth a try?

Hi

I've seen this exact thing happen with some of the people in my company that have a junk senders list. I don't know why it happens but it does. We were able to correct the problem by deleting the existing junk senders list. I advised the users to create a brand new list if they still wanted to filter their e-mail.

-Rebekah

Are the rules for delivering messages kept on the server or on the clients workstations? How many rules do these users have in the profile? I ahve seen where there are to many rules and outlook cant really deliver the email properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back