Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emails bouncing back

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkmail

Programmer
Jan 7, 2001
US
I have a job the is scheduled to run everyday which sends a client an email with an attachment which has been working for the last 7 months. We recently moved our email server to a new location and now I receive two identical emails each day but the client never receives their email. Does anyone have a thought as to what might be happening. Oh one last thing if we forward the email from outlook the client gets the email.

You could try taking a look at the mail item views, they may uncover something:

SELECT TOP 10
f.mailitem_id,
f.subject,
f.body ,
f.send_request_date,
e.Description
from dbo.sysmail_faileditems f
LEFT JOIN dbo.sysmail_event_log e ON e.mailitem_id= f.mailitem_id AND e.event_type = 'error'
ORDER BY f.MailItem_ID DESC

Basically the error just said it could not reach the recipient. The weird thing is that is it sending the email to the same addresses the whole time but I just started getting the message.

Oh right, strange.... Does outlook and your sql server work with the same mail server?

By the way, are you able to supply the error message?

Below is the error message that we are getting. We use a Kerio mail server for all our email. We did manage to come up with a work around by simply creating a email group address and putting the problem email addresses in the group and now things work fine.

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 2 (2012-07-31T07:02:45). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (Unable to send to a recipient.).
),4804,3769,,7/31/2012 7:02:45 AM,sa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back