Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emailing report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmatlock

Technical User
Aug 27, 2001
US
I have a report (a quote, one record based on a query) that we need to email and/or print. Printing is fine, but when we email it we loose too much formating. The logo is lost as are the lines and boxes. The only options under "send to" are rtf, html, Snapshot, and text. Snap shot looks great but none of my recipients seem to have it. HTML asks for a template and when I try to make one (using pages) it doesn't seem to work correctly. HTML, rtf and Text come out OK, but missing the formating. I have tried publish with MS Word with same results. At least in Word I can cut and paste my logo back on, but thats too much work for my users.

Help me please....

Hei,

so far as I understand it, the output of report to email (SendObject or OutputTo)will only include text boxes and labels. Others are ignored.
You can export the report into a HTML static format first before sending it. Yet still to include any OLE object, line, rectangle, you will need an HTML Template.
I'm not familiar with this, if you'd like to get more detail, just go to Access help and type OutputTO action and read it thoroughly.

TT

The Snapshot file is an Access-specific format; if the recipient doesn't have Access, they're out of luck. I don't know if MS provides a freeware snaphot reader.

Do you have to mail the report from within Access? If not, and if you have Adobe Acrobat, you can save the report as a .PDF file. Just about all God's Children have Acrobat Reader.

Consider printing the report via the PdfWriter or Distiller to a pdf format before Emailing the report. The digital representation of the report will be exactly like the original. Of course, you need the full retail version of Adobe Acrobat in order to do this.

Uncle Jhack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back