Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emailing from a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason12776

Technical User
Nov 15, 2001
US
My mind went blank, and this was the first place I turned. My boss needs me to make a registration form that will send the contents of the form to a specific email address. For example, there will be a textbox, FirstName, and LastName. When the user clicks on the submit button, the contents will be sent to an email address.

Please help.

You can use a mailto: link in the form action, but that's not a real neat or pretty way to do it. The better way is to use a cgi program that will email the form contents. Here's one that I wrote (it's not free, but it's cheap and very versatile): Tracy Dryden
tracy@bydisn.com

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Yer above is true however depending on where you are setting this page up you could always use a ph script which means you will also be able to display a thank you page with the persons name!

it will send all info via e-mail to the address you give

regards Please see my site at:

Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of. I'll have to incorporate into my script. Right now it allows you to specify a "thank you" page to be displayed after the form is processed, but it uses a redirect to the page. If I actually open the html file, read it, and write it to the browser I can use the same form variable substitution I use for the notify and autoresponse email messages, and allow the user to customize the thank you page with the contents of the form. Thanks for the idea.
Tracy Dryden
tracy@bydisn.com

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back