Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emailing a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbasrocks

Technical User
Nov 8, 2002
US
Can anyone help me in submitting a form in GoLive to email?
In the form there is action but I am not sure what the script should say. Is it just Mailto:fake@hotmail.com? If so where do you input the outgoing mailserver address??

The script would need to be able to read the form and process it. This is usually done in languages such as PHP, VB, Coldfusion and many others, and is beyond Golive's scope. You cannot simply send a form to a email address. This is stated quite clearly in the Adobe Golive manual where forms are discussed.

You'll have to contact your web host and ask them which server side languages they support (asp, php, perl, etc..) If your using a free web host they probably don't support any. My preferred language is php. If your web host supports it there are some great php email scripts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back