Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMAIL TRANSFER to a NEW HARD DRIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacks

Programmer
Sep 10, 2001
US
right now, im using Netscape 6.2.2 browser and your NETSCAPE MAIL for my emails... my problem is, i will be formatting my hard drive this week because of some bugs of Windows XP and it keeps showing me the blue screen when im online, then restart itself...

* how can i SAVE all my email messages and TRANSFER it again to a new formatted hard drive?!?

* is there a specific file to be saved, transfer to a disk, then copy again to the new Netscape folder?

* do i have to make any changes to the REGISTRY to create a new profile and copy the old files?!?

this will help me a lot... Netscape Mail rocks!

thnx so much

Netscape mail has an Export function. I don't have Netscape handy to me but I believe when you are in Netscape mail you go to File, Export... you then get to chose to back up your Email, Addresses, Etc. There is also a folder in c:\progam files\netscape\users I believe will contain all your email information. Just copy, transfer or burn that folder with all its contents and put it back into the same location after your reinstall.

Good Luck!

done that! but its not working...

Have you looked into the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back