Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Statements

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswilson16

Programmer
Nov 20, 2001
US
We are currently taking a day each month to print and fold statements. I have heard that there is a module to email statements to clients instead of having to print them.

Is this true? If so, how is this possible?

NB: I am assuming XP, Office 2003 and Mas200.

Thanks

Mswilson

Don't know about a Mas90 module, but check out and see their product ReForm. I use it to email POs, Invoices, Statements, etc. as a .pdf attachment. It also faxes forms and lets you keep a .pdf archive copy of the forms in the directory structure of your own choosing. Its a great product.

If you have any questions on it let me know.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I am not really looking for a third party app. We want to be able to do it straight from Mas really.

Thanks anyway dgillz

If you find a solution for doing this straight from MAS90, please post the solution back to this thread. I'd love to hear it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I contacted Mas directly... and this was there reply.

How to email graphical forms and reports from MAS 90 or MAS 200 Entry Type: Informational

Product: MAS 90, MAS 200, MAS 200 SQL

Application: Crystal Reports

Subject:
How to email graphical forms and reports from MAS 90 or MAS 200.

Possible Resolution:

Note: This is a feature of Crystal Reports. Standard reports and non-graphical forms cannot be emailed from MAS 90.

1. Open any Graphical Form or Crystal Report from within MAS 90 or MAS 200.
2. Click on the 'Preview' button.
3.In the 'Preview' window, click the 'Export' button. ('Envelope' button at top of Preview screen) 4. Select Report Format from the 'Format' drop-down list. (HTML Format works well).
5.Select "Microsoft Mail - MAPI" from the 'Destination' drop-down list.
Click 'Ok'. An email dialog box will appear.
6.Provide the destination email address and include any information in the subject line and email body desired.
7. The form or Crystal Report will be sent as a file attachment to the email.

Thank you.

Dan Rush
Best MAS 90 & MAS 200 Certified Support Analyst MAS 90 & MAS 200 - Business Management Applications Team Customer Support Services, Best Software, Inc.
"Best Software, Your Partner Of Choice!"
Best Online Support & Services: <MAS 90 Education & Training: <MAS 90 Product Info: <

Thats fine, I agree you can do this from crystal reports. However, if you have 200 customers, you will need to run the report 200 times, each for a single customer and sent to a single email address. And then you must HOPE that you never send customer A the statement of customer B.

Third party is the way to go here, and Reform can do this easily.

I am really starting to think that reform is the way... reform directly links to Mas200, right?

I am not sure what you mean by "directly from Mas200", but you print your statements, POs, invoices, whatever directly from Mas200 (or any other program).

Reform installs a system printer not unlike Adobe, and it intercepts the text sent to it by Mas200, adds the graphic overlays such as bitmap logos, decides if it should be emailed, faxed, or a hard copy should be printed.

Reform can also manage multiple copies of a form (white, yellow, blue) on a printer with multiple colored paper trays, it can archive .pdf copy of your forms, or perform combinations of the above.

There is virtually nothing I have run into yet that Reform cannot do. Let me know if I can help.

There is a module called paperless office that we use that does e-mailing of statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back