Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Signature/graphics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pluggedin

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2002
CA
Does anyone out there know of a way to add/append graphic images to emails outgoing on Exchange server 5.5? I have installed the imsext.dll and got that working, but it seems to be only text.

Further, has anyone heard of a way to append signatures/graphics which are customized and would be dependant on the senders identity? That is, if John Doe sends an email, EXCH Server add's John Doe's signature on it, but Cindy Lou Whoo would have a different signature appended to it.

Thanks in advance.

These things are more easily set up on the client side (ie Outlook).

The imsext.dll allows rich text to be used in the headers and footers. Remember that images can be referred to inline or by using HTML to refer to a website image. I have seen inline images in footers and headers, but I assume that the entire message is being handled by a third party application.

Thanks, Griffyn,

I was hoping to stay away from having to change all the clients signatures, so that's why I was looking for something server based.

I did note that RTP can be used for color text and so on, but I didn't realize it could be used for graphic references as well. I'll look into that. I assume it's something similar to the tags <href> in HTML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back