Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Server Info (",)

Status
Not open for further replies.

team4344

Technical User
Jun 28, 2003
GB
Hello all,

I own a domain, but i do not know anything about the different types of mail servers. Could someone please explain the different types of server and how they work :)

I would like to have a mail server on a home network for the emails that are sent to my domains email address and then be able to configure in-going and out-going emails with autoreplies etc and have more security/privacy over the emails are sent and recieved. I also have 7 computers on my network which all use Outlook and i would like to be able to access my mails from all the computers.

Many thanks for anyone that replies.. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Olly

If you have or if you can afford it - exchange 5,200,2003 will integrate better with your Microsoft Outlook.

If you do not insist on the collaboration features (you said that this is home network) - you can use linux and Squirrelmail. Works great, there are tutorials which let you install it even if you have never touched linux and it is very fast and secure.

DIDOCUS,

Can you suggest a really good tutorial for beginners to set up a linux box as a mail server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back