Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtownbound

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
US
I'm using CE9 Professional and trying to email reports. Is the only way to accomplish this is purchasing Distribution Server from APOS?? More sw to purchase???

Thanks,

Mtownbound

In CE 8.5 Pro ( I would think 9 Pro as well - haven't installed it yet) you can
check under your Job Server in the CMC - on the Destinations tab there should be an entry for an SMTP server - enable and configure it for your Mail host, etc and you should then be able to specify Email as the destiation for scheduled reports..

[profile]

and that won't make ALL my reports default to email right? Just the ones that I designate in the CMC, correct? In other words, I don't want all of them emailed, just a select few.

Thanks

Hi,
Correct, you set the destination ( and other parameters, like From: and To: and Subject: - or you can use the defaults defined on the SMTP server properties page) for each scheduled report..The Job Server SMTP page just enables the use of Email, it does not actually invoke it.

[profile]

Thanks TURKBEAR!!!! It worked!!!

Thanks again!!

turk bear
i am looking to do the same thing.
i have a field in a report that is an email field. is there a way to pull this off the report into the to: portion of the email?

Hi,

Not that I am aware of..The Email server does not really know what it is sending, so it cannot use any info from the sent item.

[profile]

I know of a product that is very economical (compared to APOS) called CUT. The link is
The contact at Millet is a regular contributor on the Crystal Reports Forum.

Since Enterprise uses standard reports, I am pretty sure his CUT add-in will work. What it does is add UDF (user defined function) for emailing, and exporting. These functions become part of Crystal and can be accessed like any other function.

Check out his website for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back